Posts Tagged ‘business owners’
One of the best ways to get results in your business fast is to harness what I call the ‘energy of success’.
I am sure you’ve talked about or heard others talking about liking or not liking the energy of certain environments or places. That’s why feng shui has been so popular. It can help shift the vibes of offices and homes very quickly through, often, simple changes in layout, colour and objects.
It holds true for people as well. We say things such as that person had ‘very negative or positive energy’
That’s why, as you know, it’s key to work on developing your own positive energy when growing your business, because it will show up in everything you do and say; from the actions you take and the interactions you make.
Yet, although having a positive attitude and approach will help you achieve your goals if you want to propel yourself to the next level then it’s worth taking this one step further and cultivating the ‘energy of success’.
In Wallace Wattle’s book the Science of Getting Rich he talks about the Advancing Man. Someone who is certain to advance is ‘the one who is too big for his place, and who has a clear concept of what he wants to be; who knows that he can become what he wants to be and who is determined to BE what he wants to be’
When you demonstrate that sense of increase in your life, however indefinable it might first seem, you’ll notice that you start to attract different kinds of people, circumstances and opportunities into your life.
Some people are naturally good at creating this advancement in their lives but most of us need to work on it a little.
Here are 4 tips to help you amp up your energy of success!
Tip # 1 During your working hours stay focused on your business. It sounds obvious but if you have a home office it’s tempting to sort out the laundry, do errands, take phone calls from friends. However, succumbing to these distractions takes your energy and attention away from important money making and business building activities. Write down your office hours and stick to them
Tip # 2 Manage time spent on social media and online shopping. I know myself how addictive it can be to just hop onto twitter or Facebook, but unless you have a specific reason, purpose or strategy it’s best to limit yourself to certain times of the day or out of office hours. Would you buy shares in a company where the CEO spends a few hours every day/week aimlessly surfing the net?
Tip # 3 Dress for success. Whatever the dress code for your profession what you wear and how you feel will have an impact on how you think and act. So watch out because when working for yourself it can be easy not to make much of an effort! I know that on days when I work at home in my yoga pants and jumpers my energy levels drop compared to when I take the effort to dress up (yes even if I’m working at home) and put on some makeup! I immediately start to take myself and my work more seriously!
The great news for business owners is that we get to decide what style of clothes we wear – I love the fact that I don’t have to wear suits for work. Ladies, click here to check out my ‘entrepreneur style’ board on Pinterest for ideas and inspiration.
Tip # 4 Watch the language you use. As you know being around anyone who complains, whines and resists is very off putting. And yes we all have our moments! Inspiring and supportive words about and to yourself provides the basis from which you can grow your confidence and self-worth. From this stronger foundation you’ll be much better able to handle difficult situations and look for the opportunities rather than seeing just the obstacles. Finding an emphatic therapist or coach who will let you express and release your negativity can also help clear the way for a more positive outlook.
Make developing your ‘energy of success’ fun and engaging and see what results show up. You might be surprised! It could be much more rewarding than sticking to a familiar and unchallenging routine!
If you want to accelerate your financial success in business do join us for the Money Transformation Workshop on Saturday 11 May 2013. We’ve only a couple of places left!
Click here for all the details.
To be a financially successful woman you need to think and act like one now! This means going beyond the fear factor, the excuses and the doubts you may have, so that you don’t miss opportunities to attract and retain more money.
And as well as having the confidence and capability to manage your money, you also need the plans, systems and resources in place to position yourself for the future.
Here are just some of the mindset qualities of the financially savvy…..
- Think big – They have a BIG vision, have a plan for getting there and then work that plan consistently.
- Persistent and not afraid of challenges – They know that it requires time and persistence to achieve their money goals. They also know that that the route to success is often strewn with obstacles and challenges along the way and they are not afraid to address these.
- Prepared to get out of the comfort zone and take risks – Are there any areas in your business or life where you are staying small and safe? You will become stuck unless you stretch yourself on a regular basis and move beyond the fear factor of dealing with important issues such as pensions, savings and investments.
- Not afraid to make mistakes – Everyone makes mistakes in life and business! It’s worth remembering that many of us suffer from rejections, knock backs, let downs and disappointments. This can be hard for those of us who are perfectionists and don’t like getting things wrong! But learning to excel in managing your money often comes through learning from mistakes and failures. Take heart from Michael Jordan, the famous basket ball player who admitted, “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed”.
- Value themselves – By continually educating themselves, financially savvy women stay ahead. They value what they have and are quick to put what they learn into practice.
- Want to understand money and finances – They take responsibility for their money and make money work for them. They are not afraid of investing and reinvest in themselves. As a result they become excellent money managers
- Not afraid to ask for help – They find the right advisors or mentors to act as trusted guides, knowing this is the fastest route to making the most of their money.
One final tip, actively seek out and surround yourself with others who are successful, positive and earning what you want to earn – whether this is through people you know, attending seminars or reading biographies. You will soon find out how financially successful people think and act. By learning from them you can model and adapt what works for you.
To find out more join us for the Money Transformation Workshop on Saturday 11 May 2013. Please click here for all the details